Cover Songs for Female Singer

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
12/18/2005 9:20 pm
So my band is all original and we have lots of original stuff but we're gonna do some covers for a change. So far we have :

Sunday Morning - No Doubt
Tango Shoes - Bif Naked

We are pop/rock and I think some people on here have heard some of our stuff. Anyways, gimme some songs. New or Old.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/19/2005 3:37 am
As tempting as it may be, I would say do not cover Janis Joplin unless she can do it justice.

Connection - Elastica
I Am The Highway, Like a Stone - Audioslave
Heaven Beside You - Alice in Chains
Rock Lobster - B52s
More Than a Feeling - Boston
Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
Walking After You, Everlong - Foo Fighters
Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry - GNR
Good Times Bad Times, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Stairway to Heaven, Going to California - Led Zeppelin
All Right Now - Free
Why Can't I - Liz Phair (I don't care what you say... that song is seriously catchy... a guilty pleasure)
Hey Hey My My, Keep on Rockin' the Free World - Neil Young
Man Who Sold the World - David Bowie/Nirvana
Another One Bites the Dust, Killer Queen, Save Me, Somebody to Love, I Want to Break Free - Queen
My Favourite Mistake - Sheryl Crow (a cool groovy bluesy type song)
In the Meantime - Spacehog
I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
Roxanne, Can't Stand Losing You, So Lonely, Message in a Bottle, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
Even Better Than The Real Thing, Gone, Do You Feel Loved, All I Want Is You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, One Tree Hill, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beat As One - U2

Maybe some Bon Jovi, Soundgarden, STP?

Obviously some of the above songs would need to be transposed to fit her vocal range, but these are basically some songs that I would think "Oh, wicked!" if I heard them broken out by a female-fronted rock band.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/19/2005 3:42 am
You know what would be good? Something by the Stone Coyotes. Try "The Girls of America Like to Rock."
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
12/19/2005 4:12 am
she definetly does have pipes, especially for a girl who might weigh 110lbs soaking wet. she has got quite the range and can sing like mad. i was just looking for some songs that i may have not thought about.

thanks for the suggestions, but no U2 or BON JOVI will be played on my guitar!
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/09/2006 6:48 pm
Did you figure anything out? How's the new CD coming along? Planning any T.O. gigs?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/10/2006 1:12 am
How about a more rockin' version of "And Your Bird Can Sing" by the Beatles? Maybe some Heart? Maybe "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath?
# 6
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/12/2006 12:56 am
Hey..sorry for no updates..we tried out "crazy on you", but we didn't like the feel of it ( mine you, i do love playing that intro ). We are working on doing "wind cries mary" and "instant karma" ( john lennon ) and "come together".

And I just heard "lightning crashes" by "live" on the radio and, even though it is the most ridiculously easy song ever written, it sounds cool and is a good song none the less.
# 7
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/12/2006 1:05 am
oops, sorry...new cd...touchy subject...our recording studio guys f**ked up big time and decided not to let us come hear the cd so we got the cd and it sounded like horse s**t on a hot day...anyways, most of the stuff is fixed and its getting mastered next week...we will be having a toronto gig coming up in a couple months..feb?mar?apr?...i'll keep ya posted...we even got word that we could be opening for GOB in Ottawa...now, alot of people may not like 'em ( i myself only know that "i hear you calling me" song ), but hey, they're known..we aren't...
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.