View post (Bono - What do you think of him?)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
05/31/2001 1:14 am
Don't you mean you don't like his personality? I love U2's music, and I think Bono is a fantastic singer, admittedly he is losing it a bit, but I still think it is great. I know why his concerts would sell out, I hav ebeen to a couple, and they are awesome, and it has a lot to do with his skill as a performer. As for personality, well..
He does go a little overboard sometimes with his speeches, but he does get behind important causes, and if it's the only way people take notice then I'm all for it. I'm sure he does live in a great house, and has never been uncomfortable in his life , at least since becoming a rock star, yet does that mean he can't talk about human rights abuses? Do you have to be suffering the same thing to speak about it? However, I will get pissed if they don't come to Australia because of our dollar. There was a suggestion that they might not come here because our dollar is too weak, and that is pathetic. For anyone in their postion to suggest they can't afford a tour is a bit rich, however, we'll see.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".