Concert Promoters

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/13/2005 3:30 am
My drummer's mom works with a concert promoter and he says he wants to promote us.
Anyone have any advice?
Could he be for real and like our music...or do you think he's just a leeching prick trying to screw some highschoolers out of a few bucks?

Thanks in advance for your posts.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/13/2005 4:30 am
>Read< and heed. YMMV.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
12/13/2005 7:46 pm
I think the logical thing to do... besides writing him off completly with the fear that hes going to screw you... is to sit down with him and ask him some questions. Take the business approach... ask him what he can do for you and what you woudl get out of it... and what would he get out of it... you also might ask for some references... maybe some other bands that he's worked with or some venues that he's promoted to. obviously he's going to give you references in which he knows will give you a good opinion... so in that light you can do some of your own research and seek out bands that may have worked with him... it could be a good thing for you as a band... it may not.
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/13/2005 8:32 pm
Wow. That Steve Albini thing was a strange perspective. Thanks L.O.T.S.
And about aschleman's suggestions. He promotes alot of emo groups which is why I am so skeptical, and I'll have to get my drummer to talk buisness as I am pitiful at being a hardass. Thanks.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.