Asian Rosewood guitar body project

Northwind
Northwind
12/11/2005 4:52 pm
Howdy Everyone!
I'm new to this site.I'm making a SG type body out of some really nice rosewood.Since this wood is so dang heavy,I've had to construct the body in three layers.The first layer is 7/16 thick,where a 24 fret jackson neck will bescrewed and glued to.the second layer is 7/16 thick,and I'm butting up the side pieces to the neck real tight so I get no neck sideplay.the rest of that layer is hollowed out in the sides and kept solid inthe middle for bridge and pickup routing.Using all black parts,les paul bridge setup(I already got two axes w/tremolo,don't need another)splittable quadrail pickup in bridge..etc.Can anyone see any problems with neck to body flex here?I can't see any probs,but would appreciate any feedback.Oh yeah,I have a TON of this rosewood if anyone's interested in buying some.got pics and sizes of the pieces. Thanks!
Northwind
# 1
Northwind
Northwind
12/16/2005 1:47 am
Hey PonyOne,
Your rosewood tele setup sounds like it could be a beautiful creation.As for my little SG creation,I'd planned on giving a 11/2 long neck pocket..not much,but the neck will screwed AND glued to the body.No tremolo on this one,(made the other 3 with 'em,this one's special).As for your future ideas on a rosewood tele,you'd have to make the body real thin,cause I shoot you not,this rosewood's so heavy,you'd have to chamber it,make it thin,or use lighter wood for a filler then laminate it with some rosewood on top.I'll send you dims and pics on what I got in rosewood if you gimme your email to send it to. Thanks for your input,it's appreciated Northwind
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.