View post (anyone been on carvin.com recently?)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/10/2005 10:23 pm
well, I just got back, and I'm back for 20 minutes until I go to work. it was so much fun! making an hour and a half trip there, getting there,and at first there were only like 15 people, then more started showing up... so it got pretty crowded since it was a pretty small shop.. I tried out one of the MTS tube amps, which was pretty nice, and one of the vintage tube amps, which was nice, but too fuzzy and vintage sounding for my tastes (guess I should have guessed since it's name was "vintage" :rolleyes: ) I tried out a guitar, couldn't tell you what it was since I don't know much about the different carvin guitars... but it was priced around $1400, it was a neck-thru guitar, had a trem type bridge (though it wasn't a trem) had a flame maple top, had an awesome blue/black finish, two humbuckers, and had more switched and knobs on the guitar then I knew what to do with!

well on our way home, we decided to make a pit stop at guitar center.. I played a schecter c-1 plus through a marshall JCM2000 tsl100 half stack (which didn't sound as good as the last time I had used that amp), a marshall mode 4 amp (which was REALLY nice!) and my new favorite amp: a B-52 AT100, which had some amazing tone.

then we came home, and that was my day, it was so fricken fun!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace