Modal Metal

equator
equator
12/04/2005 4:32 pm
This is my first listening post. it is nothing spectacular, but I was just wanting to show you what happens when you use modes or exotic scales in any style of music. Please let me know what you think of my playing, brutal comments are welcome :D considering this is not my usual style of music. This is your opportunity for paybacks, for all the headaches that I have given you in Music Theory. But if you are too rude you must tell me the name of the Mode I was playing. :D

I just opened the account in soundclick so you will not be able to download the mp3 until my account is cleared but you can hear the Hi-Fi. Just make sure your pop-up blocker permits it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=444393
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 1
equator
equator
12/05/2005 2:23 am
Originally Posted by: CW14The playing was pretty good, the notes were well selected. Some of the alternate picking got a little chopped up though, and the bends need a little work. Overall it sounded good.

Sounded like the Phrygian mode to me.

Thanks "CW14". I really appreciate your comments.

equator's Music Page.

# 2
equator
equator
12/05/2005 11:47 pm
OK. I fixed the chopped up picking, as for the bends, keep in mind that I`m playing a Double Harmonic Scale(otherwise known as the 5th Mode of the Hungarian Minor); and it has weird half steps and 1 1/2 steps.
Anyway, my page was cleared and now you will be able to download the mp3.

To download mp3: http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=3166943&key=C68EBCB7-9

equator's Music Page.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.