View post (Should he live? Should he die?)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/02/2005 5:29 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyIMO, anybody who is truly sorry for their crimes are willing to pay the punishment theyve got coming to em. Eye for an eye.

interesting. you have every right to hold that opinion but can you explain your through process with it some? are you coming from more thinking like "well if this guy gets off, everyone else will try to get off." or just purely and simply revenge?

the reason why i ask is because i'm trying to understand your reasoning because i can't help but see it as anything but wasteful to kill him off when him spending his life in prison would give him the same penalty and allow him time to do more good works for society. maybe that's a naievity (i know i spelled this wrong, someone help me out here) about me...but i did say if he ended up just doing that for the pity vote on him, i say fry him. afterall, it'd become pretty obvious if it was just a front.*shrugs* that's just me and i know that's just you...just trying to get a little more out of it if there is more to it. if not, i'll just let it be.

edit: i just saw 3rd degree said something along the same lines and he's welcome to reply to this too if he wants.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.