View post (Some of the best Album Covers...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/30/2001 1:48 am
Originally posted by Bardsley
A good example is U2, you can see the way they have grown as a band by looking at their album covers. At first they are really serious and earnest, before going all crazy and dark and funny with Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop, and now they've gone to a sort of matured, weathered band, you can see it in the artwork. As for saying it is about the music, that is fine, but a great album cover is a great album cover, it's art.

Yes, for the most part U2 has always come out with interesting records, and their album covers kind of give you an idea of what to expect. And yes, they have matured as the years have progressed, and they are more solid than they ever were before... The thing I like about this band is that they have handled success quite well, and they refuse to compromise to the point where they lose focus of who are inside. I like their newest album, I think its a great step for this band, where it shows that when you're down, you always have the courage to get back up again and shock, which they have done...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."