View post (Rough times)

View thread

finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
11/28/2005 5:36 pm
...and thus the grim reaper steps in.

Let's talk a bit about failed suicide attempts boys. I do community support work with brain injured people (i.e. not developmental disabilities but traumatic external brain injuries). These people come from all walks of life; some are the victims of car crashes, but a lot are the victims of suicide attempts. Going through with suicide, no matter how bad your life sucks, is a cowardly way out of situations. Period. It hurts those around you and it's a pathetic way to exit life. Moreover, should one attempt suicide and fail, the consequences can be equally severe.

I am bound by confidentiality of clients and therefore will not use names or places, etc, but I have seen first hand the result of failed suicide attempts, and trust me, these people love life. They realize their failure was a miracle and appreciate their lives, although in a diminished capacity. Whether being shot in the head or jumping from a cliff, you can still live, and no one wants to live with memory loss, paralysis, etc.

Enjoy your life. It's never too late to change things.