View post (Rough times)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/26/2005 8:02 am
I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to come to us with your problems. Finding someone to talk to is half the battle. Depression is a sick little bastard! I know this from very personal experience. I was so down at one point that I had a loaded pistol in my mouth with my finger on the trigger. You know what kept me from pulling the trigger? (staying away from the religeous parts) Basically, at that moment, I realized that I was better than that. I realized that my life has a purpose, whether it be great or small, it has a purpose.

I'm sure you know what a pendulum is... Life swings a lot like a pendulum does. Sometimes you have your highs, and sometimes you have your lows, but it's alway's going to swing back up to the highs. It's no where near as steady as a pendulum, but life will swing both way's at times.

The best type of theropy that I've found, is a good listener. By a good listener I mean someone who will listen to what you have to say, and not try to solve your problems. A good listener will prod just enough to get things out of you that you normally would keep in. Keeping all your problems to yourself is not a good thing to do. I'm like that. I keep all my problems to myself, because I don't want to bother anybody with my problems. I've learned, the hard way, to talk about my problems. I still have screws in my right hand, as a result of keeping all my problems locked in my head until there was no more room.

Just know that you have friends here that you can come to and talk about all the stuff that's bothering you. Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail if you'd like to talk a bit more in depth.

Things will start looking up eventually. I promise!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<