boss pedals from japan

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/25/2005 10:14 pm
so, I'm browsing ebay looking for a CH-1 and DD-3 pedal. when I see that certain ads say "this is the version made in japan" or "this one is made in taiwan". is there anything different or special about a japan made model? does it have a better sound? is there something special about japan made models, or is it just an excuse to make the same thing cost more?

thanks for the help
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
mono_sound
mono_sound
11/25/2005 11:06 pm
That is really a good question !!!! I should say if you collect go Japan if you wanna do gigs go Taiwan or better than that buy "The Boss Book" on Amazon you'll find some good infos and weird things...

Ex.: Did you know the Over Drive OD-1 who was sold as "Made In Japan" the board inside was in fact "Made In Tawain" but sold in Japan ??? (page 57)

I know I probably didn't help you but if you don't have a lot of money don't look at buyers with the mention "Made In Japan Black Label".

By the way, the CH-1 has never been made in Japan....

-----------------------------------------------------
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The only real version of Sgt. Pepper is the mono version......[/FONT] :confused:
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/26/2005 1:58 am
Originally Posted by: mono_soundThat is really a good question !!!! I should say if you collect go Japan if you wanna do gigs go Taiwan or better than that buy "The Boss Book" on Amazon you'll find some good infos and weird things...

Ex.: Did you know the Over Drive OD-1 who was sold as "Made In Japan" the board inside was in fact "Made In Tawain" but sold in Japan ??? (page 57)

I know I probably didn't help you but if you don't have a lot of money don't look at buyers with the mention "Made In Japan Black Label".[/quote]
that really doesn't tell me what the difference are though. so, japan is for those who are collecting rare pedals, while taiwan is the more cost-efficient version that is the exact same thing, but is worth less (not worthless, but worth less)

[QUOTE=mono_sound]By the way, the CH-1 has never been made in Japan....

yeah, it was the DD-3 that I was seeing "made in japan" on. I didn't see it on the CH-1.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
11/28/2005 1:10 pm
I'm not sure about BOSS pedals, but I do know the Fender guitars that were made in Japan a few years back were supreme quality ( way above American ) for only a fraction of the cost. They are now rare to find and are somewhat of a collector's item.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.