Distortion/overdrive pedals

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/25/2007 3:36 am
I'm not giving a blanket recommendation for everything DigiTech makes. Frankly, most of it is ****, IMO. But I like the Bad Monkey. Enough that I paid for one, and I use it.

Audition gear with your eyes shut, and your ears & mind [u]open[/u].

The name on the box, or the panel, or the headstock can not be heard by anyone. And in the case of a pedal, it lives on the floor, and you step on it, so who gives a flaming **** what it looks like? The sound is everything.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/25/2007 5:29 pm
This is very true, but in the world we live in today, no matter what, you WILL judge the product by looks. First thing that happens to a new band these days, BAM! makeovers and music videos. But on the subject of pedals, yeah, it does get stepped on, so ya know what, if it LOOKS like it can't handle a beating from the underside of my foot, who knows, maybe it cant. :cool: And I dunno, maybe its just a teenager thing, and I desire the coolest most expensive gear out there, but who knows, I have heard and played quite a bit of quality gear, and so far I have not once played an overpriced piece of gear that didn't live up to the inflated pricetag. Sorry to come off as a crabby b**** but as late as it is, I did just stumble downstairs from bed, and my lack of sleep could be influencing my mood, but I stand by what I say. :cool:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.