View post (How do I jump into soloing?)

View thread

SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
11/17/2005 7:43 pm
as far as exercises for alternate picing try just picking alternatley on one string very very slowly, wait about ten seconds and speed it up slightly. wait another 10 seconds and spped up your alternate picking on that one string even more and continue speeding up in small incriments until you reach as fast as you can go. when you think you cant go any faster go to another string and start over. this makes sure you are used to strings of different thicknesses. i did this for about 2 hours straight a few days and i can pick really fast now though not necesarily acuratley but its great for thrash metal where you are playing maybe only one note and alternatley picking really fast, maybe sliding up the fretboard while alternatley picking also sounds good.

as far as soloing goes i suppose ill just practous scales. i dont mind things that are tedious if it helps me acheive a goal. when im improving i guess ill just have to decide when to hammer on, pull off on my own. ill be practicing the 5 major scales though. thanks a bunch, any other recomendations would be great.
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
I hesitate to take a post from iiholly seriously...
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
sorry, ok, i thought it might have been a joke, I'm terribly sorry
---Akira
This thread has turned out well.