Strat differences

40ishnewbie
40ishnewbie
11/16/2005 12:08 am
Hey All,
I spent a few hours at my local guitar shop and played a number of electrics for the first time. I went in thinking mostly of hollow and semi-hollowbodies but was immediately impressed with how a Fender Strat felt (balance, weight, etc.)

I've noticed many different designations regarding features and country of origin. Does anyone know of a website reference that compares the different models?

Thanks,
Jay
# 1
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
11/16/2005 2:03 am
well I dont know about comparisons but this web site have reviews about guitars. www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews click guitars and browse by manufacturers, then find the model you want to look at and read the reviews!
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 2
Scone Mason
Scone Mason
11/16/2005 6:50 am
Because of modern building techniques, and off-shore transfer of labor, there are many inexpensive guitars that you can get now that rival American made brand names. Fender and Gibson both offer Chinese made models, not to mention the many years of fine Japanese craftsmanship (the mid-90s Japanese reissue guitars are usually as good or better than the American ones). The one big difference is the quality of the electronics. We are in the golden age of boutique amplifiers, pedals, and guitar parts, especially hand-wound pickups. There are many very good pickup replacements (Lindy Fralin, Lace, Curtis Novak, Lollar, Lone Star, etc.) so you can make any guitar sound good. The thing is to pick up a guitar, find one you like playing, and that you like the look of (you won't want to play something you don't find asthetically plaeasing) and don't worry about resale and all that bull****. Buy a guitar to keep, not to sell. Vintage guitars have become a world of insanity, in which people pay $2000 for a 70s Strat, which in the day was considered (and still is if you try to play one) an overpriced piece of **** for the MSRP.
# 3
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
11/16/2005 11:05 pm
fender country differences...in my oppinion, the americans are still the best. but the indonesian ones are becoming better i hear. The cheaper ones, the mexicans, are awsome too. i own a mexican strat,bassicaly, there all good, its how much money you want to spend.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 4
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
11/17/2005 1:04 am
I own a Mexican Tele and even stock I found no difference between the american and mexican except for the 500-600$ difference in price.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/19/2005 7:29 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThough people will allege cosmic differences between Strats based on their nationality, this is a load of crap... Fenders seem to run in this order of quality by nationality:

Japan
US
Mexico

[font=trebuchet ms]+1 23456789[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.