View post (Is this smug?)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
11/11/2005 9:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsThat's got to be one of the coolest feelings. Growing and developing your own personal way of doing things and being able to feel it as it happens. Who could ask for more? It'll be a sad day indeed if that feeling ever goes away. Of course then I'd probably be compelled to express such a feeling via music to which I would end up doing something new and rediscovering that same feeling which would continue to grow until the cows come home... music rules.

It is, and it doesn't happen nearly as much as I'd like...and yes, music does most certainly rule.

On a side note: I can remember my first guitar revelation was when I came to understand how to read tabs. I'd spent weeks reading the "Beginner's Guide To Guitar Tabs" you find on almost every tab site you go to and just couldn't get my head around it; then, one day, when I was nowhere near my guitar, listening to Metallica as I played solitaire, I had a eureka moment and the penny dropped - THAT was the beginning of a whole new world for me. Thinking about it now, it makes me wonder just how critical that moment was for my playing...would I be where I am now, trying to find my own tone, if I'd of never had that moment?...

Anyone else had a moment they took for granted to begin with, but looking back, it could've been one of the most important to happen to you?
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.