how to solder

guitarjockey111
guitarjockey111
11/07/2005 7:51 pm
hey i got a soldering iron for my b-day adn im going to start doing eectrical work on my guitar and stuff and i was wondering if u guys could tell me how to do it and any good links to site's or anything?
if you pick up your guitar and play you'll learn something of value.
# 1
RobSm
RobSm
11/07/2005 9:40 pm
Try the http://www.stewmac.com free info. Also www.kinman.com, 21 fretts web site, guitar nuts..Sorry I'm on a computer at work & can't easily get the exact links.

From personal experience...a friend told me 'if you can solder two bits of wire together you're away' Basically AFTER you do all the reading up that's what it comes down to.

Get yourself a little soldering jig or make one using alligator clips & whatever you've got..you really need those third & fourth hands.

Also I found the flat soldering tip (like a conventional screwdriver blade) to be easier to use than the conical tip.

Have fun.
Robbo
# 2
redspecial
redspecial
11/13/2005 11:24 pm
its all about experience...
get some junk stuff that suitable for solderin, and practice with it...

i think u can get the idea about solderin reliable and clean...
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 3
redworm
redworm
11/15/2005 2:18 am
I used to soder a little bit as a younger kid. The best advice i have for you melt off a little bit of soder, then put that little chip or ball or whatever on the board or whatever you want to soder. put the wire by it, then just heat up the little ball an it spreads right out over the wire. This may work better for boards, but it may work for guitar parts too.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.