View post (1st guitar)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/07/2005 5:30 am
first of all... you are a lucky duck to be dating a chick that plays guitar... lol.

and, if you can, get the Ibanez IJS40 Jumpstart Pack... I don't know how much it'll cost, but I have the guitar (not the amp or the other stuff) from that package... and I like it, I got mine for $140 as a blem guitar from a shop that overprices everything (which I didn't know at the time) but it is a VERY good guitar for the price!

but if you can't get that, I would say go for the behringer, except that a humbucker would be better for rock/metal.

if you go into a shop, and get a guitar and amp seperately (and let them know it's your first!) they will probably throw in a some picks, and possibly a cheap cable! and if you can do that with enough left over for a tuner, then that's probably a better bet... those are pretty much the only things you'll need at first... a strap can wait a while, you won't need a gig bag unless you are going to need to bring it to guitar lessons... and I do highly recommend you get a stand.

if that sounds like too much for you, then just go with behringer and upgrade to a better guitar in 6 months or so if you still want to stick with it.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace