project guitar device

markc2005
markc2005
10/31/2005 6:51 pm
this year i am doin a as level in electronics, for the course i need to complete a project which is designing, and building a electronics device of my choise, im thinking of doing a something for my guita like a effect pedal, but i have good distortion, reverb, flanger, chorus, and delay on my amp, any ideas of what i could but in my unit would be appreciated im thinking a noise gate as a starting block but this is far too easy so i need more optoins to add in, any effects i could try, special controls, anything!!!!!!! i want to be able to use this with my guitar not just as a college project, i dont care how complicated or outrageous your ideas are, differant combinations off anything..............
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/31/2005 6:58 pm
you could try a wah... or try building an overdrive using an actual tube...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Scone Mason
Scone Mason
10/31/2005 7:09 pm
If you really want to get tricky, try combining two well-known pedals or circuits. One of my favorite pedals is the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, which is basically a Tube Screamer with a clean boost circuit added. I run both together, but you can run either circuit separately as well. Distortion combined with clean boost sounds like you are runnin two amps simultaneously, and gives you scary tone for leads that cut through like a chainsaw.

A tube overdrive is a good idea, using an 12AX7 tube you'd get a really warm overdrive sound, and you basically build a small preamp.
# 3
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
11/01/2005 3:02 am
why don't you build an electric guitar? They make some cool kits now that aren't terribly difficult to put together.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 4
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/01/2005 3:47 am
My thought would be creatively applying some kind of timer with a swell to something that would start changing tones/effects. For instance, maybe like a distortion pedal that stayed clean for however many secs, and then swelled into dirtiness being handsfree (or footfree as it were). Or apply this to chorus, delay, reverb, or whatever you choose. I think swell is really cool.
Perhaps another idea would be to just make like a motherboard router for all your pedals that could have preset combos of pedals for tones in order to reduce tapdancing between them all in the middle of songs.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 5
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
11/01/2005 9:37 pm
I dont know if this helps you but there are tons of schematics to different effects pedals here!

www.schematicheaven.com/
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 6
markc2005
markc2005
11/01/2005 10:16 pm
thnx for the ideas, i like the clean/overdrive switch peda/run together idea, is it just one guitar input ran through two circuit and recombined? a couple more questions how expensive are tubes? what does a phaser do?
i dont actually have any pedals to link together because all my effects so far are built into my amp
i would like to build my own guitar, but its not the type of project i need, what i will have to make needs to be almost purely electronic
how good are ibanex tube screamers because ive found a pretty simple schmatic for one
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.