how to start? chords? notes?

smorkalkin
Full Access
smorkalkin
Full Access
10/30/2005 3:07 am
i got my steel string acoustic guitar recently, i can't afford lessons, how do i start ? ( i know how to hold it) but i have no idea how to play. Anyone with any help on how to start playing please say something !
# 1
mike_rocks15
mike_rocks15
10/30/2005 3:21 am
I would decide on what kind of music that you are interested in playing, And then start working in that direction, If you have Comcast cable then you can go to ON Demand and they have a lot of really good lesson's for begginers, I started learning off a cheap little book from the Local music store, after you get down the basics, then you can go and start learning some songs etc.

Hope This Helps.
You Don't Have to Outrun the Bear.....
Only Your slowest friend.
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/30/2005 3:30 am
i started with a song book I borrowed from a friend. it had a bunch of chord charts in the back and I just tried to apply them to the tunes in the book.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
markc2005
markc2005
10/30/2005 2:24 pm
buy a book!! very helpfull one with a cd included is usefull, a dvd is even better, you should be able to find one for just about any style, there are loads for absolute beginners, try your local library it migh have something usefull
also internet resources such as the site www.guitartricks.com !!!
n theres quite a good one if you google 'free online guitar lessons' i think its something like www.about.learnguitar......... can't remember tho
hope that helps
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.