View post (What do you think about Slipknot)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/04/2002 10:01 pm
I quite like some of Slipnots stuff... It's that wonderful sound, where guitar/ bass are set up to sound so heavy they begin to sound more like percusion, rather than stringed instruments.. It's like someone else said before me, it's an experience...
I love the agression, the blatant and frank (sometimes mindless lyrics)...
System of a Down, are my favourites really when it comes to heavy stuff.. but slipnot aren't bad. especially with songs like "wait and bleed", "eyeless", and "[sic]"... it certainly more intresting than fecking Bon Jovi/ Def Lepard/ GnR...

I really hate this backwards guitarist mentality that being able to play fast is the be all and end all of everything... that's just a load of crap (just some of my favourite songs "start me up", "Orange crush", "come as you are", "shelter from the storm" etc etc, have guitarists that cant bleeding well play faster than 15 notes per minute and it out wieghs the cheesy crap)..
I'm sick to death of hearing *low fast riff, rises, pinch harmonic, mid fast riff, pinch harmonic, high fast riff pinch harmonic, screaming riff*, it's just so predictable it's embarasing..

Like it or not, slipnot have added an idea/ aproach to thier music, which shredder couldn't.. Shreders put on leather jackets, and pink head bands *cringe*... Admitidly the newer lesser well know shredders are quite intresting..
bah, the hell with all this.. *plays "heard it on the grape-vine"*

(oh yeah, the thing that made me laugh, was that in the vidoe for "left behind", they try to depict a butchery as being putrid and frieghtning... oh well, i'll be disection bodies after christmas... I've already done some work, but no disction with bodies.. it's a wierd experience, I must admit..)