View post (What do you think?)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/26/2005 10:32 pm
Working my way through the song's, but some initial (and very brief) thoughts:

#7 - for some reason reminds me of Godsmack initially...then Kravitz kicks in again...(I'm not saying this is a bad thing!!!)

#6 - is nice, different to the other stuff you've shown so far...(don't mean to keep comparing you to other bands, but it's the easiest way to identify songs for me) Wouldn't be out of place on an Icubus album?...

"Hah" - Definate hidden track!!!....

"Whatever" - love the intro harmonies...riff's pretty cool too...vocal's remind me of Incubus again...really digging the riff's and rhythm on the chorus.

"Tell Me Why" - again, like #6 (and echoing Godsmack's 'Otherside' in terms of guitar tone). Lyric's seem a bit flakely, but maybe that's just me...

"Runaway" - Papa Roach springs to mind...personally would say the chorus could do with a little more life - perhaps a different tone on the guitar to help give it that kick?...

Now for the constructive critism, (please bare in mind I've flicked through these songs fairly quickly, but I will go back when I've more time and listen to them in their entirety).

You've got the making of a very good EP/LP there...there's not actually that much work to do in terms of the song's and recording's themselves. Really like the mixture of electric vs. acoustic songs. Only negative thing I would say is there need's to be more of your own sound...(where people go "Hey, that's MagicNinja/etc.") But, saying that, it's hard to pick out a band based solely on half a dozen or so songs, so maybe that's down to me not having listened to them properly...

Really hope that's constructive man - I've bookmarked the page and I'm definately going to come back and listen again. Keep it up, whatever you make of my other comments!
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.