View post (What do you think?)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/26/2005 4:14 am
Little Metallica influence in your vocals/harmonies. Me like the first song. I thought, though, that the vocal melody was a bit lacking in the chorus. Except "Inside of YOUR FREE WORLD!" at the end. The verse is catchy enough. I have a few qualms with the lyrics, but I've never heard lyrics I liked, haha. The music itself is pretty tremendous. Truly you live up to your name, ninja.

The second tune sounds very White Zombie meets David Bowie meets Black Label Society meets Alice in Chains. I like the effect you have going on in the background with maybe a pitch shifter? This song I find way superior to the first. Even though the chorus reminds me of Lenny Kravitz's "I Want to Get Away," and I mean REALLY reminds me of it. I think you do a much better job with the vocals on this song. THIS IS ONLY A TEST! haha, I definitely like that. The main problem with these songs is I'm done listening to them, and the melodies are not stuck in my head. Like Schmange said, get one really catchy tune to put at the forefront of your album and it'll be pretty damn solid.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...