View post (What do you think?)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2005 2:14 am
Good stuff again. :)
They're definitely marketable. Selling em is a different story.
What I'd probably do if I was you, would be to finish off about 9 or 10 songs and put a complete album together. You need one song that has a catchy hook to represent the entire album. Then you need to put together a marketing strategy. ie, band image (even if it's just yourself), a difinitive style you can put your category into, an idea of some other bands you might sound like...etc ..
Then upload the tune (in streaming format) to as many online places as you can find. Once you have the album done, market it through a place like CD Baby (who also send it out to other places for electronic downloading), put a web page official fan site together of your own band with some demo downloads. Then send out your CD's to as many reviewers as you can. (get em professionally made... home made CDR's tend to get tossed to the bottom of the pile).

I guess I found in the long run, it takes a whole lotta time for your stuff to start catching on, getting reviews and eventually selling.
Like 75% of your time is spent doing publicity.

Just outa curiosity, what's the story behind your equipment and recording techniques?
I've got a whole crapload of unfinished tunes that need vocals and I'm interested in what you used to spice up your vocals. It sounds like a vocal doubler and chorus or something??