Quake 4

BlindFire
BlindFire
10/25/2005 10:58 am
well guys usually never posted about games, but this is quake 4 the sequel to 1998's quake 3 arena, for the pc. it was just released and i almost beat it :D

loving it so far its a masterpiece and i am enjoying it with eax technology and grado sr80 headphones :cool:

it was a/b 2 or 3 years for production of game and its a blend of starship troopers and aliens good stuff really check it out
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/25/2005 11:01 am
I'm waiting till 360 before I buy it. My comp has enough programs on it, last thing I need is a game :D .
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/25/2005 5:43 pm
I believe I had quake 2, or quake original, way back in the day... it came as a free gift when we got our first computer back in like '97. man, I loved that game, I was like 8 years old, playing an M rated game... needless to say, my parents threw it away after they saw what it was like. but I remember it being a seriously fun game. which is why I'll probably get 4 when I get my 360, which I am waiting for santa to bring... oh wait... I am santa... so, I guess I'll just take the one I was going to give to little jimmy, he can have a pile of reindeer **** instead.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/25/2005 7:22 pm
Ah...those were the days, when game's were proper games, :p
I played Wolfestein and Doom II, but Quake sort of passed me by for some reason...think it was mostly down to lack of a decent PC more than anything...

What engine are they using now? Is it a new one? Was Quake III a similar engine to 'Return To Castle Wolfenstein' ? 'cos that game rocked...

Santa's a guitar player?...well, you learn something new every day, :p
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 4
BlindFire
BlindFire
10/25/2005 7:50 pm
uses Doom 3's advanced engine. Story is basically the sequel to quake 2, the Makron has been defeated, thus the Usmc send in an every vessel in space to destroy the strogg planet: Stroggos. Mission is to destroy stroggs They send in several squads of soldiers codenamed Rhino viper, badger, Eagle etc etc thousands of soldiers attack the strogg on there home planet. Basically its war trenchs with blood etc soldiers screaming, mechanized infantry, Explosions. half through the game you as rhino squad have smart soldiers who help you go to the heart of the Strogg planet. Commandeer 3 vechicles, Advanced enemy ai, that reacts to flank and judge your fire and set postions to attack. Over 12 weapons that have mods. Allied soldiers that respond send in counter- manevures and have personality. Over 230320 scripted lines sequences etc. Propetory physics, like throwing a flaming barrel into enemys. Advanced shadows and lighting. See shadows creep, and suddenly a monster appears in front of you . Intense story etc. Same multiplayer as quake 3, with advanced graphics physics, Clan customization lagg free dedicated servers. 16 players per servers Weapons like Nail gun, rail gun, rocket launcher, assult rifle w/scope etc

Well thats a full explanation :D and its an amazing game.
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/25/2005 10:45 pm
Anyone ever played Kingpin: Life of Crime. Prob. the greatest computer game I ever played. The language just made it 10x's better.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/26/2005 12:23 am
As I'm typing this I have my WWE Day of Reckoning paused right behind me while I eat. I'm about to trounce Triple H's ass.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/26/2005 12:26 am
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeSanta's a guitar player?...well, you learn something new every day, :p

you bet!

>click me< - this is the story behind the whole santa thing
my spyspace
# 8
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
10/26/2005 5:26 pm
..played a couple hours so far....tis alright.
# 9
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/26/2005 5:34 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyou bet!

>click me< - this is the story behind the whole santa thing

I thought there might be...hehehe...took me a while to find the Santa bit (it was early, I wasn't awake, I'd forgotten about the search tool...)

Thanks Blindfire - I really think I should probably get into Quake now I've got the technology...

but I do miss the day's when you had to load six three-and-a-half inch floppy's for a game...doing it on a CD just isn't the same... ;) (Hell, I remember games on the five-and-a-quarter inch floppy's...now, that wasn't so much fun....) Don't know if that show's my age, or the fact that we were always so far behind with technology.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 10
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
11/06/2005 7:38 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccAnyone ever played Kingpin: Life of Crime. Prob. the greatest computer game I ever played. The language just made it 10x's better.

Yeah, lol. That game was hilarious. I dunno about 'greatest computer game', but still decent.

'Best not be talkin' to my b*tches mofo'.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/06/2005 8:15 am
I've got an x-box 360 and quake 4 on my christmas whishlist, which I gave to my mother a few days ago (she said I had to give it to her by the beginning of november because she doesn't want to wait till the last minute to shop)

dunno if I'll get it though... usually I get one big thing and a few small things... and usually I ask for one thing, and a couple small things... so when christmas day rolls around, there's really not much surprise in what I'm getting... this year is different, as I put 3 or 4 big things and several small things... so now she's going to have a choice in what to get me, so it's going to be a surprise to me!
my spyspace
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/06/2005 9:13 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI've got an x-box 360 and quake 4 on my christmas whishlist, which I gave to my mother a few days ago (she said I had to give it to her by the beginning of november because she doesn't want to wait till the last minute to shop)

dunno if I'll get it though... usually I get one big thing and a few small things... and usually I ask for one thing, and a couple small things... so when christmas day rolls around, there's really not much surprise in what I'm getting... this year is different, as I put 3 or 4 big things and several small things... so now she's going to have a choice in what to get me, so it's going to be a surprise to me!

We do the same here. My surprise comes from the things my brothers get me, and some of the smaller stuff.

Myspace
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.