My first electic guitar...and second...and questions as usual :-)

musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
10/19/2005 11:12 pm
Hey guys!
After a lot of window shopping, pestering sales people and sampling guitars that would probably cost more than my left testical I finally went out and got me an electric guitar!
Got reallly lucky actually, was looking at ads for people selling their guitars and saw this dude selling a Burnout SWD (Didnt find much info at harmony central about it...but plenty on google) the good thing is the guy bought it around 2 years ago and gave up pretty much as soon as he got it :D so i got a nearly brand new instrument for less than half the price.

Heres a pic of it

And to top it all...a pal of mine found an Amp and gave it to me...he didnt even know if it works...and it does...sounds MUCH better than the peavey and is bigger with more knobs,bells and whistles! Cant find much info on it but heres whats written on it... Vester Maniac VMB 210 SUPER BASS

Question 2 - Anybody heard about it or have a clue about it?

Its reallly loud and plays really clear...lovely sound.

Cheers!
Ryan
- They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken.

- Ah, yes, divorce.., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. -- Robin Williams
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/20/2005 4:18 am
dang, 2 in one day? nice. glad you like them... but, there was one thing you said in there that confuses me... the cable, it doesn't fit on the cort? have you tried it? because a standard 1/4" instrument cable should fit into any guitar and into any guitar amp... if it doesn't, then check and see if the input jack isn't loose, or if it even has a jack inside the jack plate!

as for your amp, I see it mentioned here: http://www.destinationscalling.com/dc2/eng/history/historyatext.html but that doesn't really help you much... other then that I really can't find anything...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/20/2005 4:48 am
Headstock is the word you are looking for.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
10/20/2005 12:25 pm
Hey guys,
Thanks for replying.

sorry about the cable part, I cant really remember what exactly I did the first time that it didnt work but when I tried again yesterday night everything worked perfectly.

Comparing both of them this is what i found out, I like the feel and playing of the strat copy but I love the sound of the other one...lifes a bitch eh?

Thanks for the Amp link, found a few like those and quite a few more in Swedish (lucky I can understand the language) but like that link, not much help other than to know others too are using the Amp...sometimes in a band.

Now am searching for some good lessons to try out on my new guitars coz I am still playing rythm on them.....never had any experience with an electric but DAMN its soooo much easier to play than an acoustic.

Magicninja -> Thanks! Headstock IS the work I was looking for.

Cheers!

- Ah, yes, divorce.., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. -- Robin Williams
# 4
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
10/21/2005 2:30 am
umm, why didnt you just buy a strat, instead of a copy?how much less did it cost?TWO GUITARS IN ONE DAY??????????????THATS CRAZY!!!!!!
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/21/2005 3:11 am
Originally Posted by: Fenderallthewayumm, why didnt you just buy a strat, instead of a copy?how much less did it cost?TWO GUITARS IN ONE DAY??????????????THATS CRAZY!!!!!!

probably somewhere around 1/3rd the price of a mexican strat...
my spyspace
# 6
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
10/23/2005 11:37 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsprobably somewhere around 1/3rd the price of a mexican strat...

so it would be like...115?
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 7
musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
musicgu7
Yo mamma is so fat...
10/24/2005 1:11 am
Also remember that I bought these second hand....

# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/24/2005 5:22 am
probably in the range of $100-$200 yes. my guess would be around $160-ish for a new one. probably $110-ish for a second hand one, depending on the condition of course.

then again, it could have been cheaper...
my spyspace
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.