View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/22/2005 7:45 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccGood points. But, poor people dont have a great chance to be excepted to college. They either cant afford it, cant get good enough grades, or can't afford proper clothes to look nice. If they go to the accetance desk looking scruffy with beaten up clothes, how will that look. They are almost forced to join so they can at least get free college or get the job thats easiest to obtain. I know that they could bust their but for a better life, but its not their fault they were born poor. If the government wasn't spending money for wars and immagrant's healthcare, they would have more to spend to better the unfortunate. I'm surprised the hurricane victims are doing as good as they are.

Hold up. The "poor" people that make up the military are not the poor people u speak of who are "looking scruffy with beaten up clothes". The bums that beg for change on the streets aren't joining the army. And "poor" people can't get good grades? Why is this? I mean i'm sure it must be difficult growing up in a poor neighborhood, but poor doesnt equate to stupid. And as far as not being able to afford it; there are so many ways to pay for college whether its full or partial scholarships, student loans, etc... And serving in the army doesnt guarantee free college.

-"I know that they could bust their but for a better life, but its not their fault they were born poor."-

Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks this came off sounding way ignorant. I could go on about this, but I'll leave that to someone else.

Btw, I am a fan of SOAD. Have been for a while.