View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/22/2005 2:35 am
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnSystem of a Down...hmmm...IMHO they are crap..." lets sing about how much we hate bush and the Iraqi war" jesus...how original...only like every other band out there is talkin about that ( Otep, lamb of god, unearth etc)
can people not come up with anything original now adays??
Elklandercc please note that this is a "volunteer army" as jolly mentioned...these people had other choices...they didnt have to join the military, no one was forcing them too, but insisted on doing so..Is there somthing wrong if your poor and want to do somthing with your life so you join the military? I don't believe so, but thats just me.
How exactly is congress keeping their sons safe at college? The poor could have stayed safe over here and not joined...there is no draft so no one is being forced to do anything...If SOAD thinks america is so bad..they can go back to their sh*t country..( offensive but thats how I feel)

Good points. But, poor people dont have a great chance to be excepted to college. They either cant afford it, cant get good enough grades, or can't afford proper clothes to look nice. If they go to the accetance desk looking scruffy with beaten up clothes, how will that look. They are almost forced to join so they can at least get free college or get the job thats easiest to obtain. I know that they could bust their but for a better life, but its not their fault they were born poor. If the government wasn't spending money for wars and immagrant's healthcare, they would have more to spend to better the unfortunate. I'm surprised the hurricane victims are doing as good as they are. Also, soad has been doing more than just writing music about hatred of bush/government. They are stepping forth and trying to make a difference. I'm not sure if the other Bush hater bands are doing the same, but credit soad for doing so. If my memory serves me right, only one congress man had their son vounteer while the others turned their back when the subject came up.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace