View post (System Of A Down)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/21/2005 7:26 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThrid of all, because it's no fun to talk about bands I like.

LMFAO....I'll be honest and say I was starting to think you were a bit of an opinionated arse, but you've just made me laugh with that line, so I think I'll have to reconsider that thought and say I'm misguided in that judgement. (I know I'm an opinionate arse, so as ever, no offence meant)

Inspiration and plagiarism are very different, you're right; but there's only so much that can be said about certain subjects before you start repeating another person's words, (or your own for that matter... :rolleyes: ) I can't see that line as plagiarism, just a nod to Sabbath - but then that's "my opinion"...different people see different things.

Again, having seen them live, I wholeheartedly disagree with the statement "they can't play well. Fine, perhaps Daron couldn't outplay Yngwie (who the hell can?), Satch, Vai, EVH, but he's not trying to - he's playing a very different style.
I would be interested to find a drummer that could play along with or outplay John though.

I go back to my earlier question, "Shall we just agree to disagree", but as long as it's fun, sod it, let's disagree to agree and carry on, eh? :p
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.