Desert Island Axe's

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/18/2005 8:47 pm
"It's a bit of fun"....(and I appologise if this has been done before, but I've not seen anything similar on the forum yet..)

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one guitar with you, what would it be and why?

Ignoring the affect of heat, sand and lack of power supplies, (so acoustic and electric are acceptable), as well as strings' breaking, etc.

To get the ball rolling...it's actually quite hard to pick one guitar..but I think I might have to opt for my Fender DS25S acoustic. (I realise there's better guitars, but this was the first guitar I picked up and went 'Wow...that sounds amazing'). Plus, it's cheap enough to be replaced should I ever be rescued, but sturdy enough to last should I be stranded...

Your thoughts people!
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/18/2005 11:29 pm
It'd probably be really lonely on the island. So I'd take this Jackson with me as long as Jenna got to come (pun intended) too.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
10/19/2005 12:14 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggIt'd probably be really lonely on the island. So I'd take this Jackson with me as long as Jenna got to come (pun intended) too.

I'll have what he's having. Forget about the guitar. :eek:
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/19/2005 4:38 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1I'll have what he's having. Forget about the guitar. :eek:

lmfao....I like your thinking guys
# 4
redspecial
redspecial
10/19/2005 4:41 pm
ahem... jenna... hmmm, i mean... its ok... :D
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 5
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/19/2005 5:16 pm
Y'see...I knew this thread would get off topic - I just didn't realise it'd be so damn soon!

Focus people, focus! ;)
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/19/2005 5:51 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI bet she has all sorts of STI's.

I've never heard of an STI, is that the british equivilent of a STD? if so, then, yes, she probably has them all. plus, she's been banged by so many guys, that it'd be like banging a chick who's already had a baby (cause some of the guys she's banged have been as big around as babys!!!) and everything is all loosey goosey... plus, she'd probably find any one of us to be... inadequate...

that being said, I'll take a guitar custom built from a master luthier. and I'll need about a zillion pedals so that I'll never get bored...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 7
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/19/2005 5:58 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI've never heard of an STI, is that the british equivilent of a STD?

*sigh* - Well, if you can't beat 'em...

STI's, STD's - we got them all over here in Blighty, (make of that what you will, hehe); but yeah, they're pretty much the same, (what's the difference between an Infection and a Disease anyway?) You raise some interesting points - (swear I read somewhere this was a "Family forum read by adults and their kids... :p)

Which luthier though?....
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/19/2005 6:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Willdridge(swear I read somewhere this was a "Family forum read by adults and their kids... :p)

Well, STDs can be a legitimate topic of conversation. Telling someone you slept with his/her mother last night is a different story. :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/19/2005 6:13 pm
Originally Posted by: Willdridge(swear I read somewhere this was a "Family forum read by adults and their kids... :p)[/quote]
I tried not to be too explicit... however, if that is not deemed guitartricks appropriate then I will take it off...

[QUOTE=Willdridge]Which luthier though?....

I really want to go to a school of luthiery to learn to become a luthier... unfortunately, I don't think they make the big bucks... think about it, if they can churn out one guitar a month, for a total of 12 per year, and they make $3,000 profit on each... that's only $36,000 per year... barely enough to live off of, especially in california, though I would probably move to a different state... but still...
my spyspace
# 10
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/19/2005 6:28 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonWell, STDs can be a legitimate topic of conversation. Telling someone you slept with his/her mother last night is a different story. :D

What you saying Jolly?! :eek: (hehe)

I wouldn't worry about it 6strngs; there's been far worse. Besides, I'm sure a mod would've busted this thread by now if there was a problem! 'Tis all good I reckon

I did think about putting taking the stuff to build your own guitar; so let expand the topic of discussion...(hang on, there's a flaw in that statement somewhere, isn't there?)

Same desert island, same conditions; but you have a choice. Take a guitar with you, or take the things to build one whilst there. Which one and why again.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/19/2005 6:34 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeSame desert island, same conditions; but you have a choice. Take a guitar with you, or take the things to build one whilst there. Which one and why again.

take some stuff with me to build my own... because, well, though I have never built my own, I do enjoy repairing mine when something goes wrong, and taking them apart (I haven't taken my gibby apart yet, I'm scared to... but I take my ibanez apart all the time) and re-assembling them, or trying to figure out ways to make them better. so yeah, plus, it'll give you something to do on that island all alone...
my spyspace
# 12
=stringbreaker=
=stringbreaker=
10/20/2005 4:30 pm
i would have the worlds biggest guitar which has a pool, bed, and all the other stuff a good house needs :eek:
OK, A guy walks into a building and says... ouch :D
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/20/2005 9:28 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeY'see...I knew this thread would get off topic - I just didn't realise it'd be so damn soon!

Focus people, focus! ;)

I've seen worse. Women are an easy distraction. Now veering off topic because of a chocolate pirate (or something like that if I recall correctly). That's something to behold.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 14
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/20/2005 10:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've seen worse. Women are an easy distraction. Now veering off topic because of a chocolate pirate (or something like that if I recall correctly). That's something to behold.

:confused: A choc.....chocolate pirate? I can't help feeling I've missed out on summit here...I'm intrigued! ;)
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/21/2005 4:03 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've seen worse. Women are an easy distraction. Now veering off topic because of a chocolate pirate (or something like that if I recall correctly). That's something to behold.

candy pirate?
my spyspace
# 16
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/21/2005 4:26 am
I'd take a cheap acoustic dreadnaught and hope it's big enough to use as a paddle when I build a canoe to get back to civilization.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/21/2005 4:17 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrscandy pirate?

That's it. I was close. Chocolate had some role in the process.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 18
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/21/2005 4:26 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've seen worse. Women are an easy distraction. Now veering off topic because of a chocolate pirate (or something like that if I recall correctly). That's something to behold.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=6strngs_2hmbkrs]candy pirate?

[font=trebuchet ms]... and the poor fella got only one useful reply before that thread went totally bizarre! A new record, I think?

You guys certainly know how to make a noob feel welcome.
Not.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 19
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/21/2005 4:28 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]... and the poor fella got only one useful reply before that thread went totally bizarre! A new record, I think?

You guys certainly know how to make a noob feel welcome.
Not.[/font]

It's a natural talent.

Hulk Smash!!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.