jacksons

bababooe316
bababooe316
10/11/2005 5:57 am
are jacksons strictly metal guitars or can they be used for other styles like rock, blues.

and can someone tell me what is the difference between having two regular humbuckers and two single coils w/ a bridge humbucker.
# 1
Fretfire
Fretfire
10/12/2005 6:45 am
Originally Posted by: bababooe316are jacksons strictly metal guitars or can they be used for other styles like rock, blues.

and can someone tell me what is the difference between having two regular humbuckers and two single coils w/ a bridge humbucker.

Yes dude, you're right, Jacksons are especially built for playing metal and its evident because of its fast Wizard necks, most are 24 jumbo frets for easy shredding, low action and that hard warm tone provided by the built in EMG pick up.

But if you have one, dont despair if youv'e just decided to change style, a change in pick-up and a slight modification will solve the problem. Just put a Duncan or a DiMarzio in the neck for a good clean sound, then a EMG in the bridge for a crunchy and crisp metal sound, just switch on the neck when you play blues or rock then if you want metal switch on the bridge and then viola ! You get that hard edge metal sound (for best result use it with Boss Overdrive) I have one so I know ;)

As for the difference between the Humbuckers and 2 Single Coils, I based my wirings and set-up on this: http://www.1728.com/guitar.htm
Good luck..I hope it helped
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.