Good bands

srpianojrguitar
srpianojrguitar
10/08/2005 8:19 pm
Im just a kid in high school, which is not exactly the breeding ground for ''new music''. My brother goes to college, which is a great place to find great music. He showed me John Mayer before he got really big. Now, i dont like him because hes so big now and comin out with a song a minute for 13 year olds. My brother showed me Maroon 5 before they got big. Now, there wicked popular. Its kind of funny that theyre big a few months after we listen to them. A little while a go, he turned me on to this band thats been around since 93 called sister hazel. This band is better than Mayer and Maroon 5 but its not really big. Im kind of happy that not everyone listens but a little disappointed at the same tiime. I dont kno
You come into this world naked, you leave this world naked

-You dont leave the world naked

You do if you plan it right

HEYYY AQUAALUNNGGGGG!
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/08/2005 8:52 pm
Good bands and artists? Ok, here they are:

Iron Maiden, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Verdi, Monti, Monteverdi, Tchaikovsky, Rossini, Bizet, Mussorgsky, Chopin, Liszt, Grieg, Vivaldi, Strauss, Schubert, Schumann, Stravinsky, Ives, Frank Zappa, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Early U2, Bad Company, Radiohead, Muse, The Mars Volta, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Helloween, Def Leppard, Pantera, Rhapsody, Sonata Artica, Franz Ferdinand, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade, Les Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Buckethead, Danny Elfman, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Blind Faith, Michael Jackson, The Jackson Five, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, Early Green Day, The Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphies, Flogging Molly, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats, The Madness, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters, Fats Waller, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, The Who, Jethro Tull, STYX, Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, Boston, Queen, Ben Folds, The Stray Cats, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Lee Rocker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Sarah Vaughn, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Vaughn, Robert Randolph, Robert Cray, Crosby Stills and Nash, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, John Cougar Mellencamp, Steve Miller, John Coltraine, DJ Encore, Ratt, Poison, Whitesnake, White Lion, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Spinal Tap (w00000!), Tenacious D, Gwar, Yoko Kanno, Paul Gilbert, Racer X, Liquid Tension Experiment, Force of Evil, Ray Charles, The Trans Siberian Orchestra, Billy Joel, Edgar Winter Group, Edwin Starr, George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, Greg Howe, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue Oyster Cult, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Eddie Boyd, Bo Diddley, Thelonius Monk (take your pick), Warren Zevon, Eddie Cochran, Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Jurassic Five, 2 Skinny Jays, David Bowie, Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Toto, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Eagles, Joe Walsh, Don Henley, Tori Amos, Norah Jones, Rush, The Darkness, The Beastie Boys, R.E.M., The Beach Boys, Johnny Winter, Jedi Mind Tricks, Run DMC, Men at Work, Men Without Hats, Abba, A-ha, Cat Stevens, Tracy Chapman, The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf, Peter Keane, Uli Jon Roth, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Derek Sherinian, Cake, Tool, Webb Wilder, The Allman Brothers, Edguy, Nanowar, Traffic, Simple Minds, Supertramp, Tears for Fears, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Golden Earring, Blackfoot, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reid, Shawn Lane, Hank Williams III, 38 Special, Brian Adams, Eddie Money, Yes, Devo, KISS, Dio, Iggy Pop, REO Speedwagon, Red Rider, Fishbone, Eddie Hazel, Mr.Bungle, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Charlie Hunter, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Yonder Mountain String Band, The Grateful Dead, Foo Fighters, Uriah Heep, Yngwie Malmsteen, Cacophony, Jason Becker, Macgregor, Scott Joplin, Janis Joplin, Ska-P, and many others which I'll type later
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
10/08/2005 10:37 pm
OMG :eek: You have way to much free time, get of the computer!!!! :)

Ps. how long did it take you to think up and type that list?
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/09/2005 1:01 am
Originally Posted by: griefwearsgraydude youve got great taste in music. i agree with most of the stuff except the 80's **** rock

Well then you're wrong, but I'll forgive you. :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/09/2005 1:01 am
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManOMG :eek: You have way to much free time, get of the computer!!!! :)

Ps. how long did it take you to think up and type that list?

I did it a while ago for my facebook profile; I just cut and pasted it.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 5
Fretfire
Fretfire
10/11/2005 2:11 pm
Just listen to a lot of 80's 70's or even 60's bands, there you can find most of the best artists you can rarely find in the 90's. :)
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 6
Fretfire
Fretfire
10/11/2005 2:15 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonGood bands and artists? Ok, here they are:

Iron Maiden, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Verdi, Monti, Monteverdi, Tchaikovsky, Rossini, Bizet, Mussorgsky, Chopin, Liszt, Grieg, Vivaldi, Strauss, Schubert, Schumann, Stravinsky, Ives, Frank Zappa, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Early U2, Bad Company, Radiohead, Muse, The Mars Volta, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Helloween, Def Leppard, Pantera, Rhapsody, Sonata Artica, Franz Ferdinand, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Les Claypool's Fling Frog Brigade, Les Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Buckethead, Danny Elfman, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Blind Faith, Michael Jackson, The Jackson Five, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, Early Green Day, The Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphies, Flogging Molly, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats, The Madness, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters, Fats Waller, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, The Who, Jethro Tull, STYX, Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, Boston, Queen, Ben Folds, The Stray Cats, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Lee Rocker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Sarah Vaughn, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Vaughn, Robert Randolph, Robert Cray, Crosby Stills and Nash, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, John Cougar Mellencamp, Steve Miller, John Coltraine, DJ Encore, Ratt, Poison, Whitesnake, White Lion, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Spinal Tap (w00000!), Tenacious D, Gwar, Yoko Kanno, Paul Gilbert, Racer X, Liquid Tension Experiment, Force of Evil, Ray Charles, The Trans Siberian Orchestra, Billy Joel, Edgar Winter Group, Edwin Starr, George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, Greg Howe, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue Oyster Cult, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Eddie Boyd, Bo Diddley, Thelonius Monk (take your pick), Warren Zevon, Eddie Cochran, Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Jurassic Five, 2 Skinny Jays, David Bowie, Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Toto, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Eagles, Joe Walsh, Don Henley, Tori Amos, Norah Jones, Rush, The Darkness, The Beastie Boys, R.E.M., The Beach Boys, Johnny Winter, Jedi Mind Tricks, Run DMC, Men at Work, Men Without Hats, Abba, A-ha, Cat Stevens, Tracy Chapman, The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf, Peter Keane, Uli Jon Roth, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Derek Sherinian, Cake, Tool, Webb Wilder, The Allman Brothers, Edguy, Nanowar, Traffic, Simple Minds, Supertramp, Tears for Fears, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Golden Earring, Blackfoot, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reid, Shawn Lane, Hank Williams III, 38 Special, Brian Adams, Eddie Money, Yes, Devo, KISS, Dio, Iggy Pop, REO Speedwagon, Red Rider, Fishbone, Eddie Hazel, Mr.Bungle, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Charlie Hunter, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Yonder Mountain String Band, The Grateful Dead, Foo Fighters, Uriah Heep, Yngwie Malmsteen, Cacophony, Jason Becker, Macgregor, Scott Joplin, Janis Joplin, Ska-P, and many others which I'll type later

Cheers dude...the list was FANTASTIC......We almost have the same list...........You only missed Good Charlotte, Justin Timberlake and D12 :D :D
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/12/2005 12:17 am
Originally Posted by: CW14Was this thread supposed to be a question?

Nope, but I answered it anyhow.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/13/2005 5:47 am
Originally Posted by: CW14Listen to Hanson, D12, Eminem, the Bone Thugs, Dying Fetus and Dr. Dre. That's some good music right, there, and great inspiration for your gatar playing.

w00000000000000! Awww...but I like Dr. Dre...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
FunkE BunnE
FunkE BunnE
10/14/2005 9:39 pm
[FONT=Arial Black]INCUBUS[/FONT] IS THE BEST BAND EVER!!! :)
# 10
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/14/2005 10:41 pm
Originally Posted by: FunkE BunnE[FONT=Arial Black]INCUBUS[/FONT] IS THE BEST BAND EVER!!! :)

Ahem...I would counterpoint, but it's too easy.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 11
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
10/15/2005 3:02 am
i got lost after like the first 10 lines, but did you put the Beatles in there?because if you didn't...well...and if your going to add like Greenday(not critisizing them, i like them) then you've got to add Blink-182 to the list. I mean, in the late 90s early 2000s they were some of the best. They had a few number 1s, and were very popular. i love em:)
:D
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 12
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/15/2005 6:05 am
Tristran, you've inspired me to go looking for some Failure and to do a similar write-up for The Gits once I'm in a better condition for writing.

Good post, man.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/15/2005 9:02 am
Originally Posted by: Fenderallthewayi got lost after like the first 10 lines, but did you put the Beatles in there?because if you didn't...well...and if your going to add like Greenday(not critisizing them, i like them) then you've got to add Blink-182 to the list. I mean, in the late 90s early 2000s they were some of the best. They had a few number 1s, and were very popular. i love em:)
:D

I have to do no such thing.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 14
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
11/06/2005 7:49 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonGood bands and artists? Ok, here they are:

Iron Maiden, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Verdi, Monti, Monteverdi, Tchaikovsky, Rossini, Bizet, Mussorgsky, Chopin, Liszt, Grieg, Vivaldi, Strauss, Schubert, Schumann, Stravinsky, Ives, Frank Zappa, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Early U2, Bad Company, Radiohead, Muse, The Mars Volta, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Helloween, Def Leppard, Pantera, Rhapsody, Sonata Artica, Franz Ferdinand, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade, Les Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Buckethead, Danny Elfman, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Blind Faith, Michael Jackson, The Jackson Five, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, Early Green Day, The Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphies, Flogging Molly, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats, The Madness, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters, Fats Waller, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, The Who, Jethro Tull, STYX, Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, Boston, Queen, Ben Folds, The Stray Cats, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Lee Rocker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Sarah Vaughn, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Vaughn, Robert Randolph, Robert Cray, Crosby Stills and Nash, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, John Cougar Mellencamp, Steve Miller, John Coltraine, DJ Encore, Ratt, Poison, Whitesnake, White Lion, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Spinal Tap (w00000!), Tenacious D, Gwar, Yoko Kanno, Paul Gilbert, Racer X, Liquid Tension Experiment, Force of Evil, Ray Charles, The Trans Siberian Orchestra, Billy Joel, Edgar Winter Group, Edwin Starr, George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, Greg Howe, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue Oyster Cult, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Eddie Boyd, Bo Diddley, Thelonius Monk (take your pick), Warren Zevon, Eddie Cochran, Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Jurassic Five, 2 Skinny Jays, David Bowie, Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Toto, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Eagles, Joe Walsh, Don Henley, Tori Amos, Norah Jones, Rush, The Darkness, The Beastie Boys, R.E.M., The Beach Boys, Johnny Winter, Jedi Mind Tricks, Run DMC, Men at Work, Men Without Hats, Abba, A-ha, Cat Stevens, Tracy Chapman, The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf, Peter Keane, Uli Jon Roth, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Derek Sherinian, Cake, Tool, Webb Wilder, The Allman Brothers, Edguy, Nanowar, Traffic, Simple Minds, Supertramp, Tears for Fears, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Golden Earring, Blackfoot, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reid, Shawn Lane, Hank Williams III, 38 Special, Brian Adams, Eddie Money, Yes, Devo, KISS, Dio, Iggy Pop, REO Speedwagon, Red Rider, Fishbone, Eddie Hazel, Mr.Bungle, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Charlie Hunter, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Yonder Mountain String Band, The Grateful Dead, Foo Fighters, Uriah Heep, Yngwie Malmsteen, Cacophony, Jason Becker, Macgregor, Scott Joplin, Janis Joplin, Ska-P, and many others which I'll type later

evan....slit your wrists...you missed sly and the family stone!

jebus......remembering eddie money before sly and the family stone??1??!?!?!??!?!?!?!
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 15
alucard0941
alucard0941
11/06/2005 4:35 pm

if i was a girl , i would .... (too raunchy for this site ;)
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.