help what do i buy!!!

markc2005
markc2005
10/08/2005 3:17 pm
right im buying a new amp,
1)i can sell my old amp (johnson powr 10) which dont like and buy a new marshall mg15dfx for £80 with a 12 month warranty
2)i can keep my old amp and buy a line 6 spider 2 for £80 second hand with no warranty
what do i do!!!!!
i like the rock sound like a fender frontman (but none of my local shops sell these) n echo and reverb effects
the line 6 is in perfect condidtion n is only 6 months old
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/09/2005 2:53 am
I have no experience with the marshall, but I hear that the entire marshall MG series just absolutely sucks! I'm not familiar with how a fender frontman sounds, but if it sounds anything like how my fender fm212R sounded, then you can achieve a similar sound with the line 6. the line 6 can get a good rock sound if you take the crunch channel and crank the gain high, and a good lead sound by taking the insane channel with a moderate-high amount of gain, however trying to play rythm with the insane channel is muddy. the metal channel sounds ok with with low amounts of gain, but crank it high and it's horrible. and the line 6 has a reverb and a tape echo effect. so, I'd say you're better off with the line 6. it's not horrible, but it's not professional sounding (though, what amp in this price range IS professional sounding?)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.