View post (Strat or Tele?)

View thread

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
10/17/2005 2:12 pm
I'll try my best. The only way to get a Tele tone out of it is if you split it. Do not coil tap it because it will be extremely noisy, make sure to use Series/Parallel switching. This will give both single coil and humbucker sounds.

This is an extremely high output pickup. It can play anything. It will overdrive a tube amp into beautiful tube overdrive quite easily. It packs alot of punch and I find it is very versatile.

Sounds great clean and dirty. This pup can handle the dirtiest dirty and won't make a sound unless you want it to ( provided you ground it properly ). The single coil mode will give you a very close original Tele tone. It has that nice Tele snap on the bass strings and is nice and thing on the solo strings.

The humbucker sounds great for recreating Green Day or Metallica when dirty has a beautiful clean tone. ( sounds great for clean parts in songs like "Simple Man" by Skynrd or the opening riff for "Enter Sandman" ) I could go on all day about this pickup. If you have a tube amp then this pickup is definetly something to consider. However if you are playing a solid state you may want to get something a little less hot, because solid state distortion sounds disgusting and this pickup will sen your solid state into an ugly state.

I play in a pop/rock-rock band and I can get any tone that I need with it. However since I've acquired my Les Paul I tend to play the Tele less. Just because I love the sustain of the Les Paul and the weight and feel, yadda yadda. I use the Tele now mainly as my backup/studio guitar.

http://www.jacquieinthekitchen.com/music.html

That is my band's website. Listen to "Vamp Tramp". That is the Hot Rails distorting my Deville on the clean channel(in humbucker mode). Listen to "Growing Up" to hear the Hot Rails in single coil mode.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website