Do you fantasize?

Mr. Vai
Mr. Vai
05/17/2001 4:32 am
Im not would u would say a great guitar player ive been playing for like 2 years I have a gibson lespaul standard double cut plus and I might go out tommorow and buy an acoustic, now ever since I've started to play guitar when i lay down I and listen to metallica or tool or perfect circle (et.c) i fantasy that im kirk hammett or vai, or even strani when I play, im trying to get better i've been kinda slacking on playing guitar for the last month So im hoping that maybe getting an accoustic guitar will maybe open up my playing field.
My guitar is like an umbillical cord, its wired into my head.
# 1
MajinMojo
MajinMojo
05/17/2001 8:21 pm
There's a lot you can do with different guitars. And yeah, its no uncommon to think your somebody cool on stage or something. At least I don't think so. Sometimes in class i just day-dream about me playing some rockin-ass solo with everybody screaming at me and I am so cool. But, I can only hope to become that good with a little more experience. I been playing for about 2 years too.
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
05/18/2001 3:49 am
But making our dreams a reality is another story.

Of course we all approach the guitar in a different way, and its safe to say that we don't always have intentions of experimenting with every style, (feeling that we only need to go so far.) But the thing is we don't always know for sure, and the only wayt that we can find true comfort is by satisfying our curiosity. Its safe to say that a lot of us aren't too fascinated by jazz music from an outsiders perspective, but once we play this music on guitar, it opens up new doors for us, where it gets more personal. So sure the overall experience and the idea of being up on stage is exciting, but its more exciting to know that you're truly playing from your heart, taking your personality to a level you never dreamed possible..

-Joseph

[Edited by Joseph on 05-17-2001 at 11:52 PM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
raymond james
raymond james
05/18/2001 7:44 pm
We all dream that's part of the process of picking up the guitar. But my dreams have changed, they do as you get older. When I daydream now I think of the times I have had on stage, fantasy is cool but when your throwing it down in front of 2,000 people, well... Hold on tight to the fantasy that's the only way to make them real and thats whats really important.
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/18/2001 9:32 pm
I think about playing all the time. Actually some of my best performance ideas have come from daydreaming about playing out instead of cutting paper. So I write it down and bring it in for band practice.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.