important question

Danny C.
Danny C.
10/04/2005 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdWhat's with the new fad of dudes wearing pink shirts? I guess just because someone in fashion says it's "in" it's popular, but c'mon...it still looks dumb. It's not just teenagers either. Businessmen in pink dress shirts too. Ugghh. Even my wife agrees, men should not wear pink.

I have been thinking the EXACT same thing, I see them everywhere now, and I agree men should not wear pink...(nothing personal Jolly :D )
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 1
fingertricks
fingertricks
10/04/2005 2:49 am
I think it shouldn't matter what color any body wears but I do personally hate the color pink. Green for horny!
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 2:57 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdWhat's with the new fad of dudes wearing pink shirts? I guess just because someone in fashion says it's "in" it's popular, but c'mon...it still looks dumb. It's not just teenagers either. Businessmen in pink dress shirts too. Ugghh. Even my wife agrees, men should not wear pink.

hey, I saw this and ran to my room, grabbed my digi cam and took this picture just a second ago... look what t-shirt I have!

If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
Danny C.
Danny C.
10/04/2005 2:59 am
Yeah thats one i see all the time, that and the one that says keep laughing, this is your girlfriends shirt, now why a guy would admit to wearing a girls shirt, I don't know. :D
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 3:00 am
my favorite color is green though, or blue in some cases, and black is cool too. occasionally red, depends on what it is
my spyspace
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 3:03 am
Originally Posted by: Danny C.Yeah thats one i see all the time

no, I got the cool one... mervyns decided to try and be cool and follow the trend, so mervyns made it's own version of that shirt in a very light color pink, mine is the original one... and honestly, when I bought it, nobody was wearing them... it was only after I bought mine that everyone else in the world started wearing them... in fact, that's happened to me alot... I guess I'm always one step ahead of the trends...
my spyspace
# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/04/2005 4:12 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrshey, I saw this and ran to my room, grabbed my digi cam and took this picture just a second ago... look what t-shirt I have!

Yeah, but you have to consider that you live in California.

One of my brother's impressions since moving to Cali:

"Californians only fight in twelves. Sure, they're all pussies... but there's twelve of them."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/04/2005 4:38 am
Originally Posted by: Danny C....and the one that says keep laughing, this is your girlfriends shirt...

Even better (and more masculine :cool: )...I used to wear a Zeppelin shirt of my girlfriend's ex (originally his shirt, given/borrowed to her). Turns out I had a class with him in college, and made sure to wear it, haha.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 5:10 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovYeah, but you have to consider that you live in California.

One of my brother's impressions since moving to Cali:

"Californians only fight in twelves. Sure, they're all pussies... but there's twelve of them."

I think you just called me a pussy! I'll have you know that I never hang out in groups of eleven other people... I walk by myself after midnight, and pass gangs and groups of stoners, and they don't even phase me, and when they try to intimidate me, I give them a good smart-alec response and walk away. shuts them up nice.

and in my rock climbing class, I earned a new nickname a few weeks ago... Nathan "have no fear" ***** (sorry, not giving out my last name on a public board) I earned the nickname by climbing at least 15 feet up the wall without being tied in to a rope... the people that work there were screaming at me... everyone in the entire rooms eyes fell on me... and I calmly climbed back down without falling (this was no easy peasy rock course either, I was struggling to do it a couple minutes earlier with a rope on, and fell a few times when I had the rope on...)

plus, I'm sercure enough in my masculinity to wear a pink shirt, alot of the guys who say "guys shouldn't were pink shirts!" are the ones who are scared to for fear of being considered gay...

btw, since the wearing of pink shirts became a fashion, I have stopped wearing mine. but I used to wear it all the time, it was a real chick magnet before everyone started doing it.

so californians are pussys? not all of us... there are plenty, just like in any state... but not all of us are
my spyspace
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/04/2005 5:36 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsbtw, since the wearing of pink shirts became a fashion, I have stopped wearing mine. but I used to wear it all the time, it was a real chick magnet before everyone started doing it.

If you like the shirt, then why should what other people do affect that in any way?

Also, what my brother has experienced (and what my time in So Cal has confirmed) is a lot of "passive agressive" types who, around here are quickly written off as wimps while out there, they seem to be the norm.

Obviously, individuals are individuals, so I hold no preconceptions about you specifically, but things definitely seem to be a lot more talk than walk out your way than they are on the East coast or down South.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 5:59 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovIf you like the shirt, then why should what other people do affect that in any way?

the way I see it is that every teenager wants to be "unique" and "individual" and they do this by following the trends set by the people who were being unique and idividual. so, by wearing that shirt, I get seen as just another one of those kids wanting to be unique by following everyone else... I don't know, it's complicated to explain.

plus, I bought that shirt a while back in my skateboarding, punk rock days... then I discovered the guitar, gave up punk rock once I gained a musical appreciation, and gave up skateboarding because it was painful and I'd rather be spending my free time on my guitar, it was a much better way of self expression too... nowadays, I'm more of a metal-head, but won't say no to classical, blues, jazz, and even opera music! (though I don't have any cds of those genres because I'm too cheap to, and I barely have any cds of any kind of music!)
my spyspace
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.