Rocktron Customer Service

hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
09/27/2005 3:01 pm
Just wanted to let you all know of a great experiance I had with Rocktron. I own two of their pedals, my "Zombie" pedal stopped working after I had it for 45 days, Musicians Friend told me to call Rocktron. I was not excited about working myself into a fury talking to some punk about how I did not put my pedal in the dishwasher and it should be covered under warranty.

I was way off, I called, had to leave a message, the representative called me back and asked me to tell him what the pedal was doing. Then he asked for the serial number. I asked if he was going to send me to an authorized repair center. He said nope, he would be sending me out a new pedal and not to worry about sending the other one back. And went on to say that he was sorry for the inconvience and if I ever have any other problem with my pedals to just call and he would take care of it.

Definetly not the norm in customer service with musical instrument companies. Rocktron has won my loyalty. :)
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/29/2005 1:40 am
wow... that's pretty cool... now what is stopping a dishonest person from buying a pedal, calling in and saying it doesn't work, then getting another one for free for his buddy?

still pretty cool though
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/29/2005 2:15 am
[font=trebuchet ms]The key is the serial number. I suspect that the factory discovered a problem with their production from serial number xxx to yyy. Rather than issue a recall, and pay for extra staff to handle the returns and replacements, it's sometimes cheaper to just replace dud units when the customer calls about it. As you can see, there is definitely a pay-back in terms of gaining some good PR and customer loyalty.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.