Some of the best live (side projects) that you've seen live, and listen to at home...

Joseph
Joseph
05/16/2001 1:56 am
Perhaps I'll make a website one of these days about the greatest side bands in the history of rock..Its safe to say that we all get bored with one single project, and I admire those who have enough guts to go into another direction...

Side projects are more than just a casualty, it shows how musicians are willing to expand not only their creativity, but their knowledge as well. There are a lot of cool side bands that have reached the surface, and I would have to be crazy not to mention A Perfect Circle. But still, there are some side projects that a lot of you guys have probably never even heard of, or took the time to notice. One band that comes to mind is Talk Show. For a lot of you guys the name is probably unfamiliar, (well, when Scott Weiland was going through personal and was unable to continue with STP, the band felt the need to seek othe ventures, and they formed a band with their good friend Dave Coutts. With a singing style that often recalled such past greats as John Lennon and Queen's Freddie Mercury, when I saw this band live Coutts' powerful voice easily cut through the bands dense instrumental din to provide Talk Show with a sound that despite some superficial simularities, contrasted markedly from anything STP had ever put forth. Of course I enjoy Stone emple Pilots as a whole much better, (especially live in concert,) but these guys really made a great effort, and without Scott weiland their side project was very impressive...

Temple Of The Dog would have to be favorite side project, it was a great tribute album to an amazing musician, this record hold a lot of balnce and should definitely be remmber by fans all over the past. What attracted me was the fact that these guys put their heart and soul intoi this poroject, combining the forces of two great bands, (who in my opinion are equally proficient.) So Perhaps theres a particular side band that has always struck that chord within you, and prerhaps you were lucky enough to see these guys in concert before the magic was over?

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.