....I jus' wanna say....

RobSm
RobSm
09/24/2005 11:47 am
...this is a great site...

It's the up side of the internet.

...as well I would like to share the following info to anybody who's thinking of building and might be 'iffy' about doing a neck (as I am)

Check : http://www.guitarplansunlimited.com/

Jamie is a draughtsman I believe and will undertake new designs as well as selling the existing plans available. US $15.00 can you believe it?

But also he has told me he is developing plans because of requests I made for 'morphed' plans that fit Warmoth bolt on necks. I am not ready to try a neck yet...so I have ordered a couple of Warmoth necks and Jamie has developed Warmoth compatible plans for a CS336 and an SG.

He is no relation I have simply asked the possibility of doing such plans and back he has come with the goods. The business of the USA is business.
Robbo
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/01/2005 3:12 am
I dunno....looks like SPAM to me.....yep, smells like SPAM too....
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
RobSm
RobSm
10/01/2005 7:01 am
..LOL...

You're right it does!! ;)

But hey...I live in the Australian bush...well not the bush exactly...but in a 'regional' area with limited resources & have been scanning photos, worrying about forcing Fender scales on Gibson guitars..Carving tops..etc etc and I stumble across this guy in the USA..who can do this stuff..in a wink...
Why would I not tell people in this forum?

I can tell you that I have Emailed questions to other fora some of some 'well known' authors & another guitarbuild site & have been told pretty much to stop wasting their time while from this group and the Plan guy I am met with courtesy & good will.

I guess I got carried away and wanted to contribute what info I could....I gotta say which isn't much...LOL.

Another good site is: http://www.mimf.com/

...but you don't have to buy anything...you can just make a Donation..LOL.

BTW do you know how to carve in a neck angle (say 1 or 2 degrees) in a DIY warmoth type body?

I don't want to use shims...must might because it would be easy.

I plan to attempt 3 projects sort of simultaneously so while the paint dries on one I can plug away on the others.

One is a Warmoth carved top LPS...which is going to be a sort of live reference for top carving, neck angles etc...the secong will be a fully DIY SG because they look easy & my daughter wants ont & the third or 'TARGET' will be a DIY CS335 clone.If I can do that the world will hear about it!! LOL

In the meantime I can post details of where I bought all my stuff!!!

I have to learn to use routers, saws..and all manner of scary power tools... :eek:

One day I'll get a sound file out of all of this!!

Regards.
Robbo
# 3
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/02/2005 1:37 am
Good Luck!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/02/2005 6:06 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaI dunno....looks like SPAM to me.....yep, smells like SPAM too....

This guy's for real. Check out some of his other threads. He's just tryin' to help some folks out, not spam up the boards. He's one of the good ones from what I can tell. ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/02/2005 2:47 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaThis guy's for real. Check out some of his other threads. He's just tryin' to help some folks out, not spam up the boards. He's one of the good ones from what I can tell. ;)

Oh, OK. I'll go easy on him. HAHAHA
# 6
3fingeredblues
3fingeredblues
10/20/2005 6:55 am
LOL.

BTW do you know how to carve in a neck angle (say 1 or 2 degrees) in a DIY warmoth type body?

I don't want to use shims...must might because it would be easy.

Use a rough file and sowly start working it from the top of the pocket toward the bottom of the pocket at the desired angle, and make sure it is flush.

You can check to see if it is flush by using a small straight edge. If it wobbles or you can see light under the straight edge, you're not quite flush yet. Take it slow, and then check, recheck, check it again, and recheck. It's a lot easier to go slow than to add material back.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.