How Do I Fix My Amp?

Giantpeach
Giantpeach
09/24/2005 5:37 am
One of my Amplifier handles just broke. :eek: I am freaked out. I love this amp. I have no idea how to fix them though. Mainly because I am a carpentry idiot. :confused:
I have seen Handles like these on a lot of amps. They are basically like the one on a Marshall Combo amp. You know, the rubber handled ones that lift up out of the little things on top of the amp?
Well, my amp is older than that. It's a Park, from the late '70s. It's 100watt combo. It's a pretty heavy MF. So it has two of those handles on each side of the top of the amp. I am sure they are original.
The part that broke is the metal strip that connects to that screw, or nail, in the housing shell. It broke where it connects to the screw, or nail. Probably the weakest part of the handle. Anyway, The screw, or nail doesn't go in from the top of it's housing. I have know idea how to get this thing apart. And I don't want to break it. I want to protect this vintage amp at all costs. But I also want to repair it so I can lift it again.
Help? :(
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
09/24/2005 3:06 pm
Go see someone who is not a carpenter idiot...like a carpenter. Or a music store.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.