View post (Dog-Gon Rappers)

View thread

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
05/19/2001 10:57 pm
All Ive read here is people immediately putitng down rap and pop. 2 people have stood up for rap and none for pop music. And to be honest I didnt even expect that. This is a typical rock attitude. Yeah, all these boybands may be manufactured with one intention, to make money. But there out there every night, enertaining thousands of kids. Take Britney Spears for example, she may not write classic songs, but she writes good songs. She may not be a great singer, but millions of kids buy her albums. I mean I hear here songs on the radio, and I know you do too. Their not classics, their pop songs their not supposed to. And I find myself whistling them and I know Im not alone. Whoever started this thread was complaining that his sister didnt like Stairway to Heaven then later goes on and starts saying all Nsync and all are crap. She heard Stairway and didnt like it, so what. the first time I heard Stairway to Heaven I didnt like it. Sure, I was 5 but still it took years before I realised the genius behind it. Im sure alot of these pop bands and rappers have worked just as hard as rock bands and have basically sacrificed their youth to be famous. They cant walk out in public like any us, they couldnt. They spend all day either on the road or in hotel rooms.

"We don't turn off the radio just because Britney Spears comes on. Will we buy the Cd? I don't think so. But we listen to what's going on."

Steven Tyler - Aerosmith

www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/