View post (Dog-Gon Rappers)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/16/2001 9:18 pm
Kirk Hammett is God, this is one time i'm going to have to agree with you. i also played stairway for my sister and she too hates it, she also said eruption was not a very good solo. it's so frustrating to see all these people listening and glorifying rap, which is just talking in front of an electric drum beat. it's sad to see any god**** person with limited talent make it big, while people like us work our asses off learning guitar. in addition, performers like britney spears and n'sync who don't even write their own songs, don't even sing live, they lip sync. all their talent is studio made. obviously, i'm very passionate about this subject, it just bugs me. don't even get me started about the show "pop stars," or "making the band."
one of the things i like about metallica, is that even though they are probably one of the most mainstream metal bands, they still write pure rock songs, something that is becoming a long lost art.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By