effects of bad guitar in learning process?

redspecial
redspecial
09/22/2005 11:17 pm
ok i have a crappy strat. u know, no rod in neck, no name pickups, n u can imagine the whole thing is so "average"...
its intonation not tuned...
so why am i still usin it? as u can guess im a poor, poor guy, eheh...

"if u playin this thing, your ear education will be screwed! and u cant play anything right with "real guitars" in future!"
im sick n tired to hear this...

i feel ok in feeling, u know fretboard has nice action, im really familiar with this poor axe... tone n sustain not bad for me...

so what can i should do? is that really harmfull to go with a bad guitar? :confused:
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 1
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
09/23/2005 12:00 am
Can you get the intonation tuned? If you cant for some reason you should try to trade it in. Learning on it will be kinda screwed up, The bad things that can happen when you dont have it intonated is if you try to use it in a band and hit some notes in unison with the bass or another guitar it will sound like nails on a chalkboard. I know i've had that happen before. Also chords will sound kinda nasty.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 2
redspecial
redspecial
09/23/2005 12:09 am
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManCan you get the intonation tuned? If you cant for some reason you should try to trade it in. Learning on it will be kinda screwed up, The bad things that can happen when you dont have it intonated is if you try to use it in a band and hit some notes in unison with the bass or another guitar it will sound like nails on a chalkboard. I know i've had that happen before. Also chords will sound kinda nasty.

i dont know man, bridge looks not stable for fine tune on intonation...
i know its probably the worst thing for jam...

i have two choices,
*go with junk, how can it effect u that bad, come on, at least u can keep finger practice, till u get a new one...
*stay away from that junk, save your ear from the crappy noise n wait, till u get a new one...

ps: hail hendrix!!! ;)
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 3
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
09/23/2005 12:37 am
Yeah, id keep that guitar, keep practicing but just start saving for a new one.

Ps. Jimi likes his strats.. ;)
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/23/2005 8:21 pm
orrrrr , because your so used to THIS guitar, you could just pimp it out with new everything. hey, its an idea haha.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.