View post (Can entertainment make up for bad instrumentation?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/18/2001 2:43 am
A lot of people don't realize how different music makes us all feel, and we are all looking for different things when we go to a concert. A lot of us aren't always worried about the precision when it comes to the bands playing style, for a lot of people they just wan't to live the experience, the loud music and the screaming crowd, where they just wan't to be a part of it at all costs. For me, sure the experience is wonderful whenever you go to a packed show, but it bothers me when the sound is less than perfect, (alright perhaps it doesn't have to be perfect), but I least expect these guys to give me close to 100 percent when i'm spending my hard earned money to see their show. Its frustrates me when the band shows more concern for their movements on stage, instead of polishing their chops before the show starts. What attracts me, and makes me wan't to come back for an encore is a good solid performance. Sure, sometimes its easy to fool the auedience into believing that you're better than you really are, but its really hard to fool yourselves, (especially if you have lonegvity on the brain.) Thats what separates the rockstars from the musicians...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."