Have you built an effects pedal?

jedicaster
Mine's 1 louder
jedicaster
Mine's 1 louder
09/13/2005 9:19 pm
It's something that holds some appeal for me but is it possible to build a quality boutique pedal at a fraction of the cost.
Also if you have built one, was it easy, what was it and how did it compare with a similar pre made one.
[FONT=Tahoma]Jedicaster[/FONT]

I am vibrating at the speed of light.
# 1
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
09/14/2005 2:51 pm
Yes, I built The Queen May Treble Booster - featured at generalguitargadgets.com - it certainly boosted the treble, but there was a lot of hiss and hum, however I discovered that I was getting other hum problems when recording - due to my Amp being too close to my computer - unfortunately I sabotaged the treble booster as I needed the box and the input jacks to move the Amp.
I intend to rebuild the Queen May and hope that a lot of the hum has now gone ?
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
09/15/2005 4:24 pm
I have a friend that is an effects junky... and to save himself money... he builds his own. I have a good knowledge of electronics and a good understand of tone... in electronics terms. So I wouldn't feel out of place or in-over-my-head if I tried to make one up... However, someone who doesn't have the knowledge of basic circtuitry may find it very difficult to follow the schematics. Do some research and gauge how knowledgable you are no electronics... if you think you can... you can.

"I dream... therefore I can"
I don't remember who said that... but it's a good quote.

Good Luck
# 3
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
09/16/2005 2:04 am
Yes, good point, as an ageing electrician it came easier.
What was difficult was aquiring all the components _ I had to obtain parts from Four electronics outlets and the Printed cicuit board had to travel from North Carolina to England UK and took 4 weeks.
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.