Shameless self-advertising time, everyone. Gather around.

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/12/2005 3:16 am
Ok, my band's finally got a whopping one song up and running on myspace. Before I go any further with that I feel compelled to make a few things known.

1. the production is less than good. You can hear the different instruments and it doesn't mud up too bad, but it was recorded with crap and nothing but crap so what do you expect?
2. There were only 2 people present for the recording. The vocalist was crashing at my place on the night it was recorded so we figured we'd go ahead and record it so we could at least get some sort of demo out for promotion and what not. He did vocals and I did, well, everything else. Guitars, bass, programmed the drums and some backing vocals.
3. The song goes out of sync with the drums because the drums were programmed at one frequency and the instruments were recorded at another one so the timing sucks. We would've worried more about it but this is a demo of a demo and the whole band wasn't really able to do their thing so, y'know. It was pretty late too and there are people that live down stairs.
4. The solo was mostly made up on the spot so it was just me aimlessly screwing around. I settled with the first take so there you go.
5. This isn't really a good example of our style either, the song was written in something like an hour or so on our first night of practice. Our second song is completely different.

That being said, to those of you that bothered to read that anyway, here's the link. Comments, good or bad, are welcomed... and no, I'm not one of the corpse-paint wearing goons. I don't get into that jive.

http://www.myspace.com/ashurhorde

Oh yeah, it's black metal, so you know.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
silentmusic
silentmusic
09/13/2005 3:04 pm
Everything is fine till the lead kicks in.. I know it was improvised but knowing the key might help keep it in some sort of tune with the rest of the track but other than that the riffs were cool could turn out to be a good song!!
Akira says;
"i was expecting some 3476 string string skipping with some 23489172343 octave sweeps and some alt picking runs at 345734237623572bpm in 234872364781246164516th notes across your 2384723648724627348623478264 fret guitar"
# 2
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
09/13/2005 6:06 pm
I believe people that use a mic that way are called screamers not singers. I'm sure after you polish it up a bit it will sound ok.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/13/2005 6:47 pm
My nephew had a great comment when he heard it...
"How come that mean man keeps shouting at them to turn down the music"
:p
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/13/2005 11:28 pm
Firstly I thank you all for the comments and criticism. Second, the solo. It was really just a rough draft and as for the key... well, the song is pretty much the biproduct of my rhythm guitarist just throwing things together out of nowhere. There really wasn't any key, which kind of upsets me (for obvious reasons) and it made even improvising a solo kind of hard to do since nothing's really consistent. The guy's knowledge of the guitar is really quite disgusting. He's been playing for the same amount of time as I have and when I tell him to hit a power chord on the A string he shifts from the D string to the G string. After telling him "no, the A string" he moves to the E string. And cheers to your nephew for the comment on the song. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the rest of the band and say that we appreciate it.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/14/2005 9:01 pm
I think the Devil's in my computer now.

CTRL+ALT+PANIC
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.