Audition

MadGuitarest
MadGuitarest
09/01/2005 12:58 am
I just Auditioned a drummer, I am 17 and he is 15, he seems pretty decent but he isnt the best, I mean usually he keeps the same beat, he changes it a little, and he plays it kinda in the same range of speed, but I am serious about music and I am looking to make it big(although sounds farfetched) I am! But I live in a small area in Iowa and there isnt too many drummers to choose from, do you think he can learn quick and become better soon? Do you think it is worth trying him although he isnt flashy, how long would it take if he was dedicated to learn well fast? What can I do to make this work out? I need some help because I need a drummer and the kid is really the only thing I can find. please give me some advice expierienced musicians!!!
Mike ;)
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/01/2005 5:23 am
well, first of all, how long has he been playing? if it's only been a short while, then he should improve, but if he's been playing a long time and he still isn't good, then there's not much hope for him...

but keep in mind that anyone can improve with practice
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
sigment frued
sigment frued
09/01/2005 8:41 pm
Originally Posted by: MadGuitarestI just Auditioned a drummer, I am 17 and he is 15, he seems pretty decent but he isnt the best, I mean usually he keeps the same beat, he changes it a little, and he plays it kinda in the same range of speed, but I am serious about music and I am looking to make it big(although sounds farfetched) I am! But I live in a small area in Iowa and there isnt too many drummers to choose from, do you think he can learn quick and become better soon? Do you think it is worth trying him although he isnt flashy, how long would it take if he was dedicated to learn well fast? What can I do to make this work out? I need some help because I need a drummer and the kid is really the only thing I can find. please give me some advice expierienced musicians!!!

look at lars, metallica are big right?
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/01/2005 8:52 pm
How serious does he seem to be about this? If he's got ambition coupled with such a young age, I'd overlook his current skill in lieu of improvements to come.

Besides, you live in the middle of Iowa and there probably aren't that many drummers around. :p
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/01/2005 9:59 pm
At that age, I would take passion and enthusiasm over skill every day of the week...besides, you said it yourself...this kid is the only thing you can find!

I would start jamming with him, and see how things go...you can always replace him if you need to...he may become good quickly, he may not...but as youve got no one else...you have to try him!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/01/2005 10:00 pm
Originally Posted by: MadGuitarestBut I live in a small area in Iowa and there isnt too many drummers to choose from, do you think he can learn quick and become better soon?

That's b/c Slipknot took all the good drummers...

Hope you find the drummer your looking for.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/01/2005 11:09 pm
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedlook at lars, metallica are big right?

horrible example....you're not allowed to speak for 20 minutes...go in the corner.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/02/2005 12:21 am
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedlook at lars, metallica are big right?

that's like saying "Look at Neil Pert, Rush are big, right?"
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 8
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/02/2005 6:37 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonthat's like saying "Look at Neil Pert, Rush are big, right?"

Hahaha

bUt in fairness, Neil kicks Lars all the way to back to Denmark...other than in ONE, I find Lars pretty average..(I now brace myself for the inevitable surge of abuse...come on guys, Im ready for this one)
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/02/2005 6:47 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaHahaha

bUt in fairness, Neil kicks Lars all the way to back to Denmark...other than in ONE, I find Lars pretty average..(I now brace myself for the inevitable surge of abuse...come on guys, Im ready for this one)

man, how the **** can you ****in say that! i mean ****!!!!!!!!!

lol, i'm kidding you man, i really don't care
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.