View post (So I'm in an actual band now... a new one... that's actually active)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/24/2005 12:37 pm
Thanks for clearing that up for me. What's one good example from each genra? What would COB be classified as, and what would Nevermore be classified as?

A good sence of rythm is one of the best things a guitarist can ever have. I've played with lead guitarists who can smoke with at anything, but put them with a drummer or a beat or a good rythm guitarist and they're lost, and can't figure out why YOU sound like crap when they play.. ha ha. Some people have it, and some don't, but it is something that can be learned with time.

One more thing you might learn from playing with a drummer is to play at various tempo's during the same song.

I come from the belief that the drummer should be the time keeper, but that's not so in my band. My drummer keeps time by going off me. This is not a good thing! While my timming is pretty darn good, I play with a lot of dynamics. So, when I play a softer part with fewer notes, he slow's down, and when I play heavier he speeds up :rolleyes: This has to be the most aggravating thing I've had to deal with, when it comes to other musicians.

oh, and if >this< is what your bass player looks like half way through practice.... it's time for a new bass player. (yes that is my bass player)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<