View post (So I'm in an actual band now... a new one... that's actually active)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/23/2005 3:06 am
I decided that the guy I was previously doing business with wasn't working (lack of communication and too hard to get out to his place, hour long drive one way) so I began my quest to find a new band. A friend of mine had recently found a couple of guys, one being a drummer, the other a guitarist, and they had a place to jam. So in total we've got 2 guitarists (myself included on leads), a bassist, drummer, and a vocalist. Nothing elaborate or special in the line up, just what it is. Over the weekend 4 of us were all putting heads together, our bassist was out at the time since he's got a job that took the time up and he wants to take the time to get better at bass. On our first night as a band we came up with a decent little song. Nothing complex in riffs or anything as the rhythm guitarist is quite lacking in technical capabilities so, sadly, I can't just throw anything I can think of at him. The drummer and I, however, clicked like magic or something. There were quite a few hours where we were locked in the room alone just putting heads together and engaging in typical conversational trades, which was quite beneficial as I learned quite a bit on how to communicate with a drummer as well as a few techniques that they use, where as the rhythm guitarist was resorting to mimicing crashes and snares to try and tell the drummer what he meant (which I later found out is quite irritating for a drummer). All in all it was a really good experience and we've got high hopes for this one.

In case any of you suddenly needed an update on my personal life. There you go. Oh yeah, it's black metal this time around, not death metal (not until I convert everyone anyway [insert lame laughing emoticon here])
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.