Rocktron Banshee Talkbox

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
08/20/2005 7:14 pm
Hopefully someone here knows what to do. So I read some reviews on this thing because I really want a talk box and this seems to be the easiest. I read some reviews where no microphone is needed, and others where it is.

So I wondering, do I just talk into the tube and thats it? Or does the tube need to be beside a mic or something. Hopefully someone can help explain it better than the frigin company who makes them.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
08/20/2005 8:43 pm
Here is the info from Swee****er site, I dont think you need a mic:

Rock It Like You Talk It!
The Banshee gives the classic "Talk Box" a much-needed update! This is the Talk Box you know and love, just like the one you remember seeing on stage at that Aerosmith concert circa 1977, with the mouth tube. But unlike older Talk Boxes, the Banshee is extremely reliable. It features its own internal pre-amp, amp, and horn driver. Just plug in your Banshee and you're ready to make your guitar sing, talk, and create freaky sounds. Dial in a range of clean or dirty preamp tones with plenty of saturation if you want it. , so you can turn your pedal board into a great practice setup with enough volume to seriously crank it.

Bringing a cool, new twist to the outdated generation of complicated and risky talk boxes, the Banshee is a unique new product that gives classic rock touches to the 90's players. Although "talk boxes" have been used in the making of hit music (Aerosmith, Frampton, Joe Walsh, etc.) for years, many guitar players simply have not tried them because of their complicated and potentially damaging setup.

Leave it to the stomp box gurus at Rocktron. The Banshee rocks, simply and safely. What makes the Banshee so unique is that it contains its own internal preamp, amplifier, and horn driver. You simply plug into the Banshee like you would any common stomp box, and run the provided "tubing" up the mic stand and into your mouth. The rest is up to your own imagination as you get the most incredible sounds from your instrument. And no more risk of blowing up your favorite amp head, (always a possibility with talk boxes of old).

The Banshee's preamp section features controls for gain, tone, and output level. A wide range of clean and dirty preamp tones may be dialed in with plenty of saturation for those who desire lots of gain. Guitar World Magazine wrote: "The Banshee's high-gain preamp and focused tone control allow for excellent enunciation and sustain. With minimal practice, I was able to create clear words and open vowels, and I could readily see how anyone could become addicted to this effect."

Not only does the Banshee scream in the talkbox mode, but Rocktron has also included an extra jack for hookup with an extension pedal speaker. Plugging a speaker cabinet to this output turns your pedal board into a perfect practice setup with enough volume to do some pretty serious cranking!

Also for more info go to www.Rocktron.com under support you can get the manual for it. Let me know if you get it, I was thinking about it as well. :cool:
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
08/20/2005 8:44 pm
no offence, but I'm not an idiot, I've done research on it. But i just can't find what i'm looking for.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
08/20/2005 8:53 pm
I apologize, that wasnt my intention to offend you, I was just trying to be helpful, and I did make a mistake you do need a Mic, but Im sure since you have researched it you found that out.
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/21/2005 3:43 am
have you checked out >this< thread yet?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
08/21/2005 5:03 am
Thanks for the link
# 6
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
08/23/2005 1:01 pm
cool, thanks.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.