View post (Ibanez RG - The resurrection)

View thread

ren
ren
08/20/2005 2:58 pm
Thanks all.... I'm very pleased with it. To answer questions...

It sounds sweet man... really pleased with it. I sanded the old finish back, and then stained it darker. Topped it off with spray can laquer - loads of sanding in between coats, but easy enough. The back and sides are darker than the front, and I masked off a strip around the edge when I stained it to create a bound sort of look.

It's a 2002 RG320fa (flamed ash cap), but the trem has been swapped for a pro edge rather than the stock lo trs, so tuning seems stable. The phase reversal switch was just a straight after market swap - loads of points to solder, but aside from my shaky hands, no problems. The stock pickups have really impressed me - not sure what they are, but have high output, and seem to give nice Vai Hi Gain type sounds.

Oh, and I've never tried something like this before, so you can definitely do it just as well as I did..... The neck was tricky to clamp once I'd glued it, but it's OK so far :eek:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com